Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pants

I can remember a time in November (not trying to rhyme-I swear) when I was sitting at my desk at work, uncomfortable because the band of my favorite black pants was tight while sitting. When I stood up, they had a feeling of minor tension, but nothing that I had to suck in the gut to button or zip up. After that, I began to avoid wearing those pants, because I didn’t like its restrictive efforts and was displeased with them overall. Last week, I decided that since I’d lost double digit numbers in inches, I would pull them off the hanger and slip them on. Little did I know that they would try to slip right back off! I pulled them up and effortlessly zipped and fastened the button. Immediately, they fell about 1.5 inches down! I stood there in my closet lifting them up and watching as they slid right back down, and I promise the grin on my face was literally ear-to-ear. I wore those suckers to work anyway, and strutted in the office and gleefully announced the revelation to my cohorts. I was on cloud 9 all that day.
I had been keeping this comfy pair of kaki Capri’s in the back of my closet neglecting them for the last 4 to 5 years. Occasionally I would try them on, only to find that they were much too tight, and couldn’t get them buttoned up. For what ever reason or another, I had kept them (perhaps to torment me on days I would rifle through looking for something to wear and realize I could no longer fit into half of what I owned-sick, yes, completely).  Friday, I decided to grab them and see what happened. I pulled on each leg and slipped them up past my ass-back, grasped the waistband, and with the blink of an eye, they were buttoned and buckled! I was TRIPPED out! Then…the true test…I stuck my whole arm right down my pants (hey-don’t judge) and without missing a beat, I ran into the bathroom, one arm in pants, and shouted, “Lilly-look what I can do!” She was so excited! She gave me a high five and we laughed a little.
Over the past 2 weeks, I have lost another 5 lbs, and 5 inches. While these are not numbers I consider to be fabulous for myself, I am taking into consideration the other changes that are coming to me in forms other than the scale and a tape measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment